Making the potion
- Add 4 Spines of Lionfish to your mortar.
- Crush them into a rough powder using your pestle.
- Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your mortar.
- Crush the mixed ingredients into a rough powder using your pestle.
- Add 3 measures of the crushed mixture your to cauldron.
- Wave your wand.
- Return in 1 minute and 20 seconds/2 minutes.
- Add 2 measures of Horklump Juice into your cauldron.
- Heat to a medium temperature for 10 seconds.
- Add 2 blobs of Flobberworm Mucus to your cauldron.
- Stir 4 times, clockwise.
- Wave your wand to complete the potion.
- Pewter Cauldron: 2 minutes.
- Brass Cauldron: 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Copper Cauldron: 1 minute and 20 seconds.
Time to return to cauldron
Points per hour ratio
- Pewter Cauldron: 4,5 points per minute.
- Brass Cauldron: 5.4 points per minute.
- Copper Cauldron: 6.75 points per minute.
- Brewing a Herbicide potion is free. All of the ingredients regenerate.
- Probably due to its poor points per galleon-minute, according to the Pottermore Insider Herbicide was, under the previous Potion system, the least commonly brewed potion:
- While Antidote to Common Poisons had an even worse points per galleon-minute, it was then much quicker to make.
- Additionally almost all of Herbicide ingredients came in bottles (as they still do), which are known for being extremely unwieldy.
- The extreme reduction of its brewing time (from 45m-60m to 1m20s-2m) might have been an effort from the Pottermore team to make it more appealing to brew to potioneers, as it happened with other potions (one the many changes seen on the Pottermore potion system).